Monday, March 7, 2011

Let the grand experiment begin!

I know, I know...from reading the title of this blog you have one burning question.  Well a gym is a building that houses various pieces of exercise equipment that people pay a monthly fee to visit and use in fitness routines.  Over the past 9 months I have been unable to attend my gym or do much of any physical activity due to a medical condition that had developed in my ankle.  A previous unhealed break in a bone had turned into a lesion and after two previous surgeries I was left with one option, have the bone removed and a cadaver donor bone grafted in.  After several months of waiting on a donor list my graft finally arrived and I had my surgery September 8th 2010.

My fashionable hospital gown

The Zombie Foot

Now that I finally had a dead person's ankle bone grafted into my body it was time to rest and recover, namely spending two months confined to bed.  After several casts and the end of my lengthy bed rest I was given a walking boot cast and I started my many months of physical therapy (Shout out to my physical therapist Amy, she kicked my ass).  Blah blah blah, I can't walk, physical therapy, I can walk, and finally I am released from the doctor and allowed to return to physical activity!  Which brings me to the purpose of this newly found blog, chronicling my progress (and or tribulations).  After nine months of pure inactivity, and having my foot cut open and a dead person's bone shoved in I am returning to my weekly gym visits!  Today marks day one of the grand experiment.

2 comments:

  1. "After nine months of pure inactivity, and having my foot cut open and a dead person's bone shoved in"

    That's what she said.

    ReplyDelete